Are You Building for the First Time?
We understand that buying or building your first home can feel overwhelming. Our step-by-step process is designed to take the stress out of building – it’s easy to follow, efficient, and most of all an informative way to get your brand new home designed and ready for construction.
We understand that the financial aspect is a major consideration when building; especially if you’re considering doing it for the first time. Our focus is on designing affordable, quality homes – one that you will be proud to live in and own.
You can check out our first home builder starting designs here.
Our step-by-step process is easy to follow, efficient, and most of all an informative way to get your new home designed and ready for construction. (we can add in steps from PDF doc)
INITIAL WORK STAGES
DRAFTING OF YOUR PRELIMINARY CONTRACT PLAN
1. A member of our professional design and drafting team will draft your plan to match the contents
of your new home estimate.
2. We will also ensure your plan complies with local council guidelines.
REVIEW AND APPROVAL OF YOUR CONTRACT PLAN
1. A member of our design and drafting team will meet with you in Adelaide to review the initial draft
version of your plan.
2. You then mark up any required changes and approve the plan so that we can move to Stage 3.
(Note: This is all part of your complimentary Flexi-Plan process. You will also be shown through
our Modello Selections Studio).
CONFIRMATION OF YOUR SITE COSTS
1. We will order the necessary engineering information and your approved plan will be forwarded to our
2. Our estimating team will calculate
PRESENTATION AND APPROVAL OF YOUR DRAFT CONTRACT
1. Your Draft Contract Schedule will be forwarded to you for your review and approval.
2. Your approved Draft Contract Schedule will then be forwarded to our contracts preparation
team to prepare your Building Contract.
1. We will forward your Building Contract documents to you to sign.
2. Your Sales Consultant will check and return the signed documents of your Building
Contract to head office and we will send out your copies.
PRE BUILD STAGES
NEW HOME SELECTIONS & UPGRADES
1. You attend an appointment at Modello Selections Studio in Adelaide to choose your finishes
and colours. You may also request pricing for any upgrades that are available in the studio.
2. You will then be sent your selection and upgrade menu for review and approval.
1. We will submit your plans to the Building Surveyor for them to assess and give feedback.
2. The Building Surveyor will issue your permit once we have complied with their assessment
CONFIRMATION OF SITE START
1. Once we have received your planning permit we will issue you a preliminary site start date.
2. We will also email you a list of items that you still need to complete before we can commence
1. We will arrange for your building permit to be issued.
2. We will confirm a date for your pre-start sign off.
PRE-START SIGN OFF
1. You receive and sign off on your working drawings.
2. You forward us your finance approval (If necessary).
Are you eligible for the First Home Owner Grant (FHOG)?
The First Home Owner Grant is the Australian Government’s helping hand, making it easier for first home owners to realise their home ownership dreams.
The Australian Government offers the First Home Owners Grant (often referred to as FHOG), as a one-off financial grant, to eligible home buyers who are buying or building their first home.
The FHOG is aimed at helping eligible first time buyers by providing them a lump-sum payment to offset purchase costs including transfer duty (stamp duty) and legal fees. It is paid by the State Government to eligible first home owners and applies to construction of a new residential property.
How much is FHOG?
The First Home Owner Grant (FHOG) is paid by the State Government to eligible first home owners. The FHOG may be paid in addition to other exemptions or concessions for eligible homebuyers, including pensioners. Visit www.sro.vic.gov.au/first-home-buyer-grant-and-bonus-amounts for more information.
At Affordable Family Homes, our aim is to make it simple – we’ll guide you through the process – from designing and planning; right through to construction and handover. Get in touch to start the process.