We understand that buying or building your first home can feel overwhelming. Our step-by-step process is designed to take the stress out of building – it’s easy to follow, efficient, and most of all an informative way to get your brand new home designed and ready for construction.
We understand that the financial aspect is a major consideration when building; especially if you’re considering doing it for the first time. Our focus is on designing affordable, quality homes – one that you will be proud to live in and own.
You can check out our first home builder starting designs here.
INITIAL WORK STAGES
DRAFTING OF YOUR PRELIMINARY CONTRACT PLAN
A member of our professional design and drafting team drafts your plan to match your new home estimate.
REVIEW AND APPROVAL OF YOUR CONTRACT PLAN
1. A member of our design and drafting team will meet with you in Adelaide to review the initial draft version of your plan.
2. You then mark up any required changes and approve the plan so that we can move to Stage 3.
CONFIRMATION OF YOUR SITE COSTS
1. We order the necessary engineering information and your approved plan will be forwarded to our estimating team.
PRESENTATION AND APPROVAL OF YOUR DRAFT CONTRACT
1. Your Draft Contract Schedule is forwarded to you for your review and approval.
2. Your approved Draft Contract Schedule will then be forwarded to our contracts preparation team to prepare your Building Contract.
1. We forward your Building Contract documents to you to sign.
PRE BUILD STAGES
NEW HOME SELECTIONS & UPGRADES
1. Selections takes place at our Modello Selections Studio in Adelaide where our designer will guide you through the process of choosing your finishes and colours.
2. You will then be sent your selection and upgrade menu for review and approval.
1. We submit your plans to the Building Surveyor for assessment.
2. The Building Surveyor issues your permit.
CONFIRMATION OF SITE START
Once your planning permit has been issues we issue you a preliminary site start date, together with any outstanding items required to commence on site.
We arrange for your building permit to be issued and confirm a date for your pre-start sign off.
PRE-START SIGN OFF
1. You receive and sign off on your working drawings.
2. You forward us your finance approval (If necessary).
Are you eligible for the First Home Owner Grant (FHOG)?
The First Home Owner Grant is the Australian Government’s helping hand, making it easier for first home owners to realise their home ownership dreams.
The Australian Government offers the First Home Owners Grant (often referred to as FHOG), as a one-off financial grant, to eligible home buyers who are buying or building their first home.
The FHOG is aimed at helping eligible first time buyers by providing them a lump-sum payment to offset purchase costs including transfer duty (stamp duty) and legal fees. It is paid by the State Government to eligible first home owners and applies to construction of a new residential property.
How much is FHOG?
The First Home Owner Grant (FHOG) is paid by the State Government to eligible first home owners. The FHOG may be paid in addition to other exemptions or concessions for eligible homebuyers, including pensioners. Visit www.sro.vic.gov.au/first-home-buyer-grant-and-bonus-amounts for more information.
At Affordable Family Homes, our aim is to make it simple – we’ll guide you through the process – from designing and planning; right through to construction and handover. Get in touch to start the process.